The Music Programme at MCS follows the Cambridge Primary Music Curriculum. The Cambridge Primary Music, assist learners to:
- cultivate a joy of music through participating in meaningful and enjoyable experiences
- develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to think and contribute as musicians
- collaborate with others in purposeful and expressive ways through singing and playing instruments
- nurture individual and collective creativity
- use their growing knowledge to explore and generate music that is unique, valuable and relevant.
The Cambridge approach encourages learners to be responsible, innovative, confident, engaged and reflective.
The Programme also culminates with several in-school concerts and participation in the annual Hartbeespoort Kunstefees. Marimbas, steel pans and recorders have been introduced into the programme.